Spring 2016: AMSC 664/MATH 664 Advanced
Scientific Computation (II)
- Email: elman at cs.umd.edu
- Office: CS (AV Williams Building) 3125; Phone 301 405 2694
- Email: rvbalan at math.umd.edu
- Office: MATH (Math building) 2308 ; Phone: 301 405 5492
- Office: CSCAMM (CSIC building) 4131 ; Phone: 301 405 1217
Lectures: 9.30am-10:45am on Tue., Thr., in
Description: AMSC 664/CMSC 664 is a project course intended
for AMSC graduate students as a core requirement for their PhD degree. It is the continuation
of AMSC 663/CMSC 663 course.
- Students are required a 25-minute oral presentation before the spring break detailing the
status of their project.
- Project Final Presentation: By the end of the second semester, each student must give a
30 minute seminar and a complete written report on his or her project, explain how the software has
been developed, tested and validated, document the software and how it is used, show results of its
use, detail how his or her vision of the finished product has evolved over the course of the project.
The student's advisor's presence is required.