- The Orbit of an Equatorial Satellite (Final Report 1964), Independent Research and Development Program, IBM (1965).
- The Banach-Saks theorem in nuclear spaces, technical report (1968).
- Measure zero: two case studies, technical report (1972).
- Support Preserving Measure Algebras and Spectral Synthesis (1970).
- (LF)Spaces and Distributions on Compact Groups and Spectral Synthesis on $R2\piZ$ (1971).
- Construction de Fonctionnelles Multiplicatives Discontinues sur des Algebres Metriques (1972).
- Ensembles de Helson et Synthese Spectrale (1972).
- A Support Preserving Hahn-Banach Property to Determine Helson-S Sets (1972).
- A Mathematical Approach to Mathematical Appreciation (1977).
- Zeta Functions for Idelic Pseudo-Measures (1979).
- Fourier Analysis of Riemann Distrbutions and Explicit Formulas (1980).
- Uncertainty Principle Inqualities and Spectrum Estimation (1989). li>
- From a wavelet auditory model to definitions of the Fourier transform,
NATO - Advanced Study Institute (1992).
- Irregular sampling and frames,
Wavelets- A Tutorial in Theory and Applications (1992), 445-507.
- An auditory motivated time-scale signal representation (with A. Teolis),
Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Time-Frequency and Time-Scale Analysis, 1992, pp. 49-52.
- Local Frames (with A. Teolis),
Local Frames, SPIE 2034 (1993).
- Subband Coding and Noise Reduction in Multiresolution Analysis Frames (with S. Li), SPIE 2303 (1994).
- Subband coding for sigmoidal nonlinear operations (with S. Saliani), SPIE 2242 (1994).
- Pyramidal Riesz products associated with subband coding and selfsimilarity (with E. Bernstein), SPIE 2491 (1995).
- Wavelet-based analysis of EEG signals for detection and localization of epileptic seizures (with G. Benke, M. Bozek-Kuzmicki, D. Colella, and G. M. Jacyna), SPIE 2491 (1995).
- Wavelet periodicity detection algorithms (with G. E. Pfander),
Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing VI, SIAM 1998, San Diego.
of multiple dyadic minimally supported frequency wavelets on Rd, with M. T. Leon, Contemp. Math. 247 (1999), 43-74.
theory and wavelets, NATO-ASI, in Signal Processing for Multimedia 1998,
J. Byrnes, editor, Kluwer Publishers, The Netherlands, 2000, invited.
- Featured Review: Ten
books on wavelets, SIAM Review, 42 (2000), 127-138.
Non-uniform sampling and
spiral MRI reconstruction, (with H.C. Wu), SPIE, Wavelet Applications in
Signal and Image Processing VIII, 4119 (2000).
- The classical sampling
theorem, and non-uniform sampling and frames, with P.S.J.G.
Ferreira, Chapter 1 of Modern
Sampling Theory: Mathematics and Applications, 2001.
Frames, irregular sampling, and a wavelet auditory model, with S. Scott, Chapter
14 in Sampling Theory and Practice (F. Marvasti, editor), Kluwer Academic/Plenum
Publishers, New York, 2001.
Wavelet frames: multiresolution analysis and extension principles,
with O. Treiber,
Chapter 1 of Wavelet Transforms and Time-Frequency Signal Analysis,
L. Debnath, editor, Birkhauser, Boston (2001), 3-36
of single wavelets in d-dimensions, with M. Leon, J. Geometric
Analysis, 11 (2001), 1-15.
MRI signal reconstruction by Fourier frames on interleaving spirals, with A.
Powell and H.-C. Wu, IEEE - ISBI (2002).
A fractal set
constructed from a class of wavelet sets, with S. Sumetkijakan,
in Inverse Problems, Image Analysis, and Medical Imaging (Z. Nashed and O.
AMS Contemporary Mathematics, 313 (2002), 19-35.
transforms and periodicity detection (with G. Pfander), SIAM J. Applied
Mathematics, 62 (2002), 1329-1368.
tight frames (with M. Fickus), Advances in Computational Mathematics,
18 (2003), 357-385.
The Balian-Low theorem and regularity of
Gabor systems (W. Czaja, P. Gadzinski, and A. Powell),
J. Geometric Analysis, 13 (2003), 239-254.
Fourier inequalities: new proof and generalization (with H. Heinig),
Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications, 9(1)(2003), 1-37.
The Balian-Low theorem for the symplectic forms (with W. Czaja and A. Y. Maltsev), Journal of Mathematical Physics,
44 (2003), 1735-1750.
Local sampling for regular wavelet and Gabor
expansions (with N. Atreas and C. Karanikas), Sampling Theory
in Signal and Image Processing, 2 (2003) 1-24.
A Wiener-Wintner theorem
for 1/f power spectra (with R. Kerby and S. Scott), Journal of
Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 279 (2003) 740-755.
Sampling, Wavelets, and Tomography, with
A. Zayed, editors, Birkhauser, Boston, 2004.
- A Prelude to Sampling, Wavelets, and Tomography, J. J. Benedetto and A. Zayed,
editors, Birkhauser, Boston, MA, 2004. (Although not a research paper, this
is longer than most Prologues and contains new information on Sampling and
Software package for CAZAC code generators and doppler shift
analysis, with J.~Ryan,
(2004), see www.math.umd.edu/~jjb/cazac.
- Constructive approximation in waveform design (book
chapter), Advances in Constructive Approximation Theory, M. Neamtu and E.
Saff, editors, Nashboro Press, (2004), 89-108.
A wavelet theory for local fields and related
groups (with R. Benedetto), J. Geometric Analysis, 14 (2004), 423-456.
Sigma-Delta quantization and finite frames
(with A. Powell and O. Yilmaz), ICASSP, Montreal, 2004 (invited).
Multiscale Riesz products
and their support properties (with E. Bernstein and I. Konstantinidis),
Acta Applicandae Math., 88 (2005), 201-227.
Analog to digital conversion
for finite frames
(with A. Powell and O. Yilmaz), SPIE, Wavelet
Applications in Signal and Image Processing (2005), invited.
Greedy adaptive discrimination:
component analysis by simultaneous
sparse approximation (with J. Sieracki), SPIE, Wavelet
Applications in Signal and Image Processing (2005).
A (p,q) version of Bourgain's theorem
(with A. Powell), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 358 (2005), 2489-2505.
Tight frames and geometric properties of wavelet
sets (with S. Sumetkijakan), Advances in Comp. Math., 24 (2006), 35-56.
Geometric properties of Grassmannian frames
for R^2 and R^3 (with J. Kolesar), EURASIP J. Applied Signal Processing, (2006), 17 pages.
Sigma-Delta quantization and finite frames (with A. Powell and O. Yilmaz), IEEE Inform. Theory, 52 (2006), 1990-2005.
Introduction for Fundamental Papers in Wavelet Theory,
edited by C. Heil
and D. F. Walnut, Princeton University Press, 2006.
An endpoint (1, infinity) Balian-Low theorem (with W.Czaja, A. Powell, and J. Sterbenz), Math. Research Letters,
13 (2006), 467-474.
An optimal example for the Balian-Low uncertainty principle
(with W. Czaja and A. Powell), SIAM J. of Mathematical Analysis, 38 (2006), 333-345.
Zero autocorrelation waveforms: a Doppler statistic and multifunction
problems (with J.Donatelli, I.Konstantinidis, and C.Shaw), ICASSP, Toulouse, 2006, invited.
A Doppler statistic for zero autocorrelation waveforms (with J.Donatelli,
I.Konstantinidis, and C.Shaw), Conference on Information Sciences and Systems,
(2006), 1403-1407, invited.
Frame expansions for
(with G. Pfander), Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, 20 (2006),
Second order Sigma-Delta quantization of
finite frame expansions
(with A. Powell and O. Yilmaz), Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, 20 (2006), 128-148.
and sidelobe behavior of CAZAC coded waveforms (with A. Kebo, I. Konstantinidis,
M. Dellomo, J. Sieracki), IEEE Radar Conference, Boston, (2007).
The construction of d-dimensional MRA frames
(with J. Romero, J.), Applied Functional Analysis, 2 (2007), 403-426.
Ambiguity function and frame theoretic properties of
periodic zero autocorrelation waveforms
(with J. Donatelli), IEEE J. of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, 1 (2007),
6 - 20.
- Target tracking using particle filtering and CAZAC sequences (with I. Kyriakides,
I. Konstantinidis, D. Morrell, A. Papandreou-Suppappola), IEEE International
Waveform Diversity and Design, Pisa, (2007), invited.
- Concatenating codes for improved ambiguity behavior (with A. Bourouihiya,
I. Konstantinidis, and K. Okoudjou), Adaptive Waveform Technology for Futuristic
Communications, Radar, and Navigation Systems,International Conference on Electromagnetics
in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), Torino, 2007, invited.
The role of frame force in quantum detection
(with A. Kebo), 14 (2008), 443-474.
- PCM - Sigma-Delta
comparison and sparse representation quantization (with O. Oktay), Conference
of Information Science and Systems, Princeton, 2008, 6 pages, Invited.
Multiple target tracking using particle filtering and multicarrier
phase-coded CAZAC sequences (with I. Kyriakides, A. Papandreou-Suppappola, D. Morrell,
and I. Konstantinidis), Sensor, Signal and Information Processing
Workshop (SenSIP) 2008, Sedona AZ.
Human electrocortigraphic signature determination by eGAD sparse approximation
(with N. Crone and J. Sieracki), Sensor, Signal and Information Processing
Workshop (SenSIP) 2008, Sedona AZ.
- Complex Sigma-Delta quantization algorithms for finite frames (with O. Oktay, A. Tangboondouangjit), Contemporary
Math. 464 (2008), 27-49.
and a vector-valued ambiguity function (with J. Donatelli), in Proc. Asilomar Conf. Signals, Systems and Computers, Pacific Grove, CA, 2008.
coded waveforms and their design - the role of the ambiguity function (with
I. Konstantinidis and M. Rangaswamy), IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (invited), 26 (2009), 22 - 31.
and Modern Analysis (with W. Czaja), Birkhäuser, Boston, (2009).
- Hadamard matrices and infinite unimodular sequences with
0-autocorrelation (with S. Datta), IEEE International Waveform Diversity and
Design (2009), invited but withdrawn since we couldn't attend the conference.
- Frame based kernel methods for automatic classification
in hyperspectral data (with W. Czaja, C. Flake, and M. Hirn), Proceedings IEEE-IGARSS 2009,
- Smooth functions associated with wavelet sets on Rd, d≥ 1,
and frame bound gaps (with E. King), Acta Applicanda Mathematica, 107 (2009), 121-142.
- Geometric properties of Shapiro–Rudin
polynomials (with J. Sugar-Moore), Involve: A Journal of Mathematics, 2(4)(2009),449-468.
- Besov spaces for the
Schrödinger operator with barrier potential (with S. Zheng), Complex Analysis and Operator Theory, 4(4)(2010), 777-811.
comparison of PCM and Sigma-Delta quantization (with O. Oktay), Constructive
Approximation, 32(1)(2010), 131-158.
- Construction of infinite unimodular
sequences with zero auto-correlation (with S. Datta), Advances in Comp. Math., 32 (2010), 191-207.
- Wavelet packets
for multi- and hyper-spectral imagery (with W. Czaja, M. Ehler, C. Flake,
and M. Hirn), Wavelet Applications in Industrial Processing VII, Proc. SPIE, 7535 (2010), 8-11, San Jose.
potential classification algorithm for retinal data (with W. Czaja and M.
Ehler), 26th Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference, College Park, MD
- Maximally separated frames for automatic classification in hyperspectral
data (with W. Czaja, M. Ehler, and N. Strawn), IGARSS 2010, Honolulu preprint.
- The construction of wavelet sets (with R.
Benedetto) in Wavelets and Multiscale
Analysis: Theory and Applications, J. Cohen and A. I. Zayed, eds., Applied and Numerical Harmonic
Analysis, Birkhäuser-Springer 2011, Chapter 2, pages 17-56.
- Discrete autocorrelation-based multiplicative MRAs and sampling on R (with S. Datta), Sampling Theory in Signal and Image Processing, 10 (2011), 111-133.
- Intrinsic wavelet and frame applications (with T. Andrews), invited, SPIE 2011, Orlando.
- Optimal Ambiguity Functions and Weil's Exponential Sum Bound (with R. Benedetto and J. Woodworth), J. Fourier Analysis and Applications, 18 (2012), 471 - 487.
- Constructions and a generalization of perfect autocorrelation sequences on Z
(with S. Datta), invited chapter in volume dedicated to Gil Walter, X. Shen and
A. Zayed, eds., Chapter 8, Springer (2012), 183 - 207.
Integration of heterogeneous data for classification in hyperspectral satellite imagery
(with W. Czaja, J. Dobrosotskaya, T. Doster, K. Duke, and D. Gillis), SPIE 2012,
Semi-supervised learning of heterogeneous data in remote sensing imagery (with W. Czaja,
J. Dobrosotskaya, T. Doster, K. Duke, and D. Gillis),invited paper SPIE 2012, Baltimore.
- Image representation and compression via sparse solutions of systems of linear equations, with A. Nava-Tudela, submitted 2012.
Balayage and short time Fourier transform frames (with E. Au-Yeung), SampTA2013 at
Generalized Fourier frames in terms of balayage (with E. Au-Yeung), J. Fourier Analysis and Applications, 20 (2015), 472--508.
- Wavelet Packets for Time-Frequency Analysis of Multispectral Imagery (with W. Czaja and M. Ehler), International J. of Geomathematics, 4 (2013), 137 - 154.
The HRT conjecture for functions with certain behavior at infinity (with A. Bourouihiya), J. Geometric Analysis, 25 (2015), 226-254.
- Dimension reduction and remote sensing
using modern harmonic analysis (with W. Czaja), Handbook of Geomathematics,
edited by W. Freeden, Z. Nashed, and T. Sonar), invited Chapter, Springer,
New York, 2015, pages 2609-2632.
- Chandler Davis as mentor, Mathematical Intelligencer, (2014), 1 page.
- Wavelet packets and nonlinear manifold learning for analysis of hyperspectral data (with W. Czaja, T. Doster, and C. Schwartz), SPIE 2014, Baltimore.
- Operator-based integration of information in multimodal radiological search mission with applications to anomaly detection (with A. Cloninger, W. Czaja, T. Doster, T. McCullough, K. Kochersbeger, and M. McLean), SPIE 2014, Baltimore.
- Nonlinear dimensionality reduction via the ENH-LTSA method for hyperspectral image classification (with W. Czaja, A. Halevy, W. Li, C. Liu, B. Shi, W. Sun, R. Wang), IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (IEEE JSTARS), 7 (2014), 375-388.
UL-Isomap based dimensionality reduction for hyperspectral imagery classification (with W. Czaja, A. Halevy, W. Li, C. Liu, B. Shi, W. Sun, H. Wu), Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), 89 (2014), 25-36.
Sampling in image representation and compression (with A. Nava-Tudela), Sampling Theory in Honor of Paul Bützer on his 85th Birthday, A. Zayed, editor, invited Chapter, Springer-Birkhäuser, (2014), 149-188.
- Fourier operators in applied harmonic analysis (with M. Begué), Sampling Theory - a Renaissance, G. Pfander, editor, invited Chapter, Springer-Birkhäuser, (2015), 185-216.
Spatial-spectral operator theoretic methods for hyperspectral image clasification (with W. Czaja), IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, submitted.
- Hyperspectral data dimension reduction, denoising, and decoding (with W. Czaja, M. Hirn,
I. Konstantinidis, and D. Widemann), preprint.
Dimension reduction using sparse frame representations (with W. Czaja, M. Hirn, and
I. Konstantinidis), preprint.
- Well-behaved quality indices and multi-scale representations for urban terrain
elevation data (with C. Flake, D. Maldonado, I. Konstantinidis, J. Sieracki, and
D. Widemann), preprint.
- Balayage and pseudo-differential operator frame inequalities (with Enrico Au-Yeung), SampTA 2015.
- Graph Theoretic Uncertainty Principles (with Paul J. Koprowski), SampTA 2015.
- Preface for Finite Frame Theory: a Complete Introduction to Overcompleteness (Kasso Okoudjou, editor), AMS Symposia
in Applied Mathematics Series 2016 (JMM 2015).
- Super-resolution by means of Beurling minimal extrapolation (with W. Li), 2016, Online 11-12-2018, DOI: 10.1016/j.acha.2018.05.002., Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal., 48(2020), 218--241.
- Spatial-Spectral Operator Theoretic Methods for Hyperspectral Image Classification (with W. Czaja, J. Dobrosotskaya, T. Doster, K. Duke), 2016.
- Uncertainty principles and weighted norm inequalities (with M. Dellatorre), Contemporary Mathematics, 693 (2017), 55--78.
- A frame reconstruction algorithm with applications to magnetic resonance imaging (with A. Nava-Tudela, A. M. Powell, Y. Wang), Frames and Other Bases in Abstract and Function Spaces, I. Pesenson, et al., editors, invited Chapter, Springer-Birkhäuser, (2017), 185-214.
- Frame multiplication theory and a vector-valued DFT and ambiguity function (with T. D. Andrews, J. J. Donatelli), JFAA (2019), Online 11-20-2018.
- CAZAC sequences and Haagerup's characterization of cyclic N-roots (with K. Cordwell, M. Magsino), 2018.
- Frames of translates for number-theoretic groups (with R. L. Benedetto), J. Geometric Analysis (2019), to appear.
Reactive Sensing and Multiplicative Frame Super-Resolution (with M. Dellomo), 2019.
John Benedetto's mathematical work (David Joyner),2019.